Archive for June, 2010
If you’ve been in the store recently, you might have seen some flyers up with a woman sitting on a beach, a ship passing by her in the deep blue water, while she reads. She doesn’t need a cruise–she has her book to take her where she wants to go. The theme of this year’s Adult Summer Reading Program, Journey Beyond, sums it up. A good book can take you to exotic locations, or it can teach you more about what’s right outside your back door, all fueled by the power of your imagination. (Cue the Reading Rainbow theme here.)
Austin Public Library’s Adult Summer Reading Program is in full swing. The kick-off Pulp Fiction Sale event on the 12th was a great success, and thanks to everyone who came out! If you missed it, though, don’t worry, there’ll be more opportunities to celebrate throughout the summer. We’ll be doing some fun things at the store, too, so stay tuned for news about that.
In case you missed the earlier post, here’s how Adult Summer Reading works:
1. Register at Recycled Reads, any APL branch or at www.AustinSummerReading.org.
2. Pick up a reading log (or print one out) and fill it out as you read books.
3. Drop it off in one of the designated boxes at your branch of choice.
4. Repeat as desired. (Remember, the more you read, the better chance you have of winning!)
5. At the end of the summer, you could win a great prize! Recycled Reads is giving away a $25 gift certificate to the store–and at our prices, that can get you a lot of great books.
(By the way, you can also “like” Recycled Reads and get even more updates at our own Facebook page.)
[–Thanks to AMANDA for this post–]